Almond Heart-Shaped Biscuits
Member recipe by emmawildcard
- 100 grams Softened Butter unsalted
- 100 grams Caster Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown)
- 1 Happy Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Silver Spoon Cakecraft Natural Almond Extract
- 275 grams Plain White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- For the decoration:
- 400 grams Royal Icing Sugar
- Pink Food Colour (Silver Spoon Cakecraft)
- Sugar Flowers
- For the biscuits: heat the oven to 190C,375F, gas 5. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract, a little at a time, until well combined. Stir in the flour and mix to a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1 cm / 1/2\" thick. Using heart shaped cookie cutters, cut shapes out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-12 minutes, until pale golden. Leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes to firm up, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- For the icing: sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and stir in water as directed on the packet to create a smooth mixture. Stir in the food colouring.
- Carefully spread the icing on the biscuits and place a sugar flower on each biscuit before the icing sets.