Raspberry Shortcake Hearts
Member recipe by emmawildcard
Raspberry shortcake hearts sandwiched together with fresh, whipped cream, topped with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar for a professional finish.
- 150 grams Wholemeal Self Raising Flour (Allinson)
- 25 grams Ground Rice
- 50 grams Light Muscovado Sugar (Billington's)
- 1 Lemon Finely grated zest
- 150 grams Butter (chilled) cut into pieces
- 125 grams Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar (Billington's)
- 1 Silver Spoon Cakecraft Natural Almond Extract drop
- 200 grams Raspberries
- 1 tbsp Billington's Golden Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Put the Wholemeal Self Raising flour into a processor with the ground rice, Light Muscovado Sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the butter and blitz for a few seconds until the mixture turns into crumbs, then continue blending until the dough forms into a ball.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface and stamp out 6 heart shapes using a 5cm cutter, put onto a greased baking sheet or into a flexible heart shaped moulds.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the shortcake is pale brown and thoroughly cooked through. Remove from tray or moulds and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mascarpone cheese, Golden Caster Sugar and almond extract.
- Split the shortcakes and serve with a generous dollop of mascarpone, some raspberries and a sprinkling of golden icing sugar.