Easiest Jam Roly Poly
Member recipe by leanneb1990
Simple Jam Roly Poly ready in half an hour with the same great taste!
- 8oz Self Raising Flour
- 4 oz Butter
- 4 oz Sugar
- Half a Jar of Strawberry Jam
- 30ml Water
- Rub butter into flour and sugar until it looks like crumble
- Add up to 30ml of water until it starts to blend together and make a pastry like texture and look.
- Roll out the pastry so it is flat using flour underneath to stop it sticking !
- Add the Jam into the middle and fold over or roll over so all the jam is covered by pastry.
- Paint the pastry with a mixture of egg and milk so it will go nice and brown - bake for about 20 - 30 minutes until it goes a goldeny brown (not too brown though).
- Add Custard to serve and enjoy !