El Spicy Beef Chilli
Member recipe by adamellisuk
A Blend of rich tomato flavours and hot spices, slow cooked with tender beef.
- 2 Medium Size Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 500ml Beef Stock
- 500g Diced Beef
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 50g fresh ground Ginger (or 25g dry Ginger)
- 2tbsp Cumin
- 1tbsp Flower
- 1 x 400g tin Chopped Tomato's
- 1/2 x 400g tin Butter Beans
- 1 x Red Pepper
- 1 x Red Chilli
- Handfull of fresh Coriander (dry Coriander can be used also)
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a pan and brown off the Beef. Once finished, remove from pan and set aside.
- Caramelise the Onions for 6 - 8 mins or until soft.
- Now add Flower, Garlic, Tomato Puree, Cumin and Ginger to the Onions. Mix the ingredients together and let the mix simmer for 1 min.
- Gradually add the Beef Stock and finally add the Chopped Tomato's, finely chopped Pepper and finely Chilli.
- Turn down and simmer for around 2 hours or transfer to the slow cooker for as long as you like (I like to cook the meat for at lest 4 hours or until tender).
- When ready to serve, scatter the Coriander over the top of the dish.
- Serve with Jacket Potato's, Mash or Sweet Potato.