Mini Heart-Shaped Cake
Member recipe by emmawildcard
Mini heart-shaped chocolate cakes, lavishly decorated with melted white chocolate, icing and sprinkles. For an extra indulgent edible gift, sandwich two cakes together with pink butter cream.
- 125 grams Chocolate, good quality dark
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 150 grams Butter softened
- 150 grams Golden Caster Sugar (Billington's)
- 3 Happy Eggs
- 200 grams Plain White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.25 tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 100 grams White Chocolate Flavour Cake Covering (Silver Spoon Cakecraft)
- 140 grams Butter
- 140 grams Icing Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown)
- Pink Food Colour (Silver Spoon Create)
- Fairy Sprinkles (Silver Spoon Create) to decorate
- Coloured Choco Beans (Silver Spoon Create) to decorate
- Pink Designer Icing (Silver Spoon Create) to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180ÃÂ°C, Fan oven 160ÃÂ°C /gas 4.
- Butter and flour the sides of four 10 cm heart shaped tins and line the bases with greaseproof paper.
- For the cake: Snap the chocolate into chunks and place in a bowl. Add the milk and sit the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat until the chocolate has melted. (Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesnÃ¢ÂÂt touch the surface of the water.) Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the butter until very soft then add the caster sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then fold in the melted chocolate.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda, and fold in gently to mix. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes before turning them out of their tins and placing them on a wire rack to cool. When cool slice the cake in half.
- For the chocolate butter icing Melt the chocolate in the microwave on High for 1ÃÂ½ minute, stirring halfway. Leave to cool. Beat the butter and icing sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in the chocolate until smooth. Spread the butter icing on the bottom half of the cake and sandwich with the other half.