Strawberry Bliss Cupcakes
Member recipe by chloekittyscakes
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
These delicious cupcakes make the perfect centrepiece for any occasion and a well-appreciated gift!
- For the cake mixture:
- 100g Unsalted softened Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp fresh Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 50g Dried Strawberry Chunks
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- For the strawberry frosting:
- 100g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 225g Fresh Strawberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 (160 if Fan Assisted) Put paper cases into a 12-hole cupcake tin.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar together until pale in colour, light and fluffy mixture. Slowly incorporate the Eggs, Milk and Vanilla Extract.
- Lightly fold in the sifted flour and Strawberry Chunks, making figure eight movements to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Spoon Evenly into the paper cases. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and golden brown. Lift the cakes in their cases onto a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool fully before decorating with frosting.
- To make the frosting: Wash strawberries; hull and slice. Put the sliced strawberries in a bowl; sprinkle with the granulated sugar and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Drain excess juices from strawberries. Crush or mash the strawberries. Beat butter until smooth, add 225g Icing Sugar and the crushed strawberries. Cream Butter, Strawberries and Icing until until frosting is light and fluffy. Add up to 25g of Icing Sugar as needed, until the frosting is a nice piping consistency.