Pancakes, coulis & ice cream
Member recipe by good_chef
A delicious pancake recipe for all the family to enjoy on Pancake Day or for a weekend treat!
- - 50g caster sugar
- - 2 eggs
- - 200g plain flour
- - 600ml milk
- - 50g butter, melted
- - pinch of salt
- - 150g strawberries or raspberries
- - Kelly's of Cornwall Clotted Cream & Blackcurrant Ice Cream
- Gently simmer 150g strawberries/raspberries until soft. Allow the mixture to cool and press into a sieve over a bowl to remove seeds and pulp. Leave in the fridge to completely cool.
- In a large mixing bowl or food processor, sieve the flour and salt together, add the eggs, then the sugar and milk. Beat together with the melted butter for a minute until the batter is thick enough to pour.
- Melt a knob of butter in a non stick frying pan and heat on a moderate flame. Use a ladle to pour out a little batter into the pan, and cook each pancake for about a minute on each side. Test your flipping skills, or alternatively use a spatula.
- Have ready a warm plate in the oven to place the finished pancakes to keep warm, dusting each with a little caster sugar.
- Drizzle the coulis over the pancakes and finish with a scoop of Kelly's of Cornwall Clotted Cream & Blackcurrant Ice Cream.