Steak with red wine butter
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 2 British fillet steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tbsp red onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- To make the red wine butter, boil the red wine, onion and garlic in a small pan for 3-4 minutes until the mixture has reduced by about two thirds. In a bowl, beat the butter until soft, then gradually add the wine, parsley and plently of black pepper. Spoon onto a piece of cling film, wap tightly and form into a sausage shape.Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm.
- Remove the steaks from the packaging, pat dry with kitchen towel and leave to rest for half an hour.
- Heat a dry frying pan until hot, brush steaks with a little olive oil and season well with salt and black pepper, add to the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium and 6-7 minutes for well done. Wrap each steak with foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with a slice of butter on top and vegetables of your choice.