Steak and wedges Espanol
Member recipe by laurafoodmatters
Delicious, juicy stirloin steaks rubbed with extra virgin olive oil and black pepper, served with crisp potato wedges and warm green beans in a fresh extra virgin olive oil, garlic and lemon dressing.
- For the Dressing
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 stirloin steaks
- extra virgin olive oil for rubbing
- Roughly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- 225g/80z French beans, trimmed
- First, make the dresing for the beans. Place mustard in a bowl and stir in lemon juice. Add garlic, then whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Reserve
- Rub the steaks with extra extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with roughly craxcked black pepper and rub this in as well. Turn over and repeat. Leave to marinate while you fry the wedges.
- Place potato wedges in hot oil and deep fry until crisp and golden.Drain on kitchen paper. At the same time cookthe beans in salted boiling water.
- For the steaks, heat a pan to smoking. Place the steaks in the pan (no more oil needed) and cook for around 3 minutes on each side for medium rare depending on thickness, or longer to taste. Remove from pan and leave to rest. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Pour dressing over beans and toss. To serve, place steaks on plates and add wedges and dressed beans.