Sweet Potato Chilli Wedges
Member recipe by seawat
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Portions
- 4 moderately sized sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dried or fresh Chillies (and chilli powder to season)
- Olive Oil
- Start by peeling and slicing the sweet potatoes into managable 'oven chip-sized' mouthfuls.
- finely Chop the Chillies and the Garlic, and add together in a bowl, with about 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190/200C/fan = 400F = gas mark 6. spread the sliced sweet potato chips onto a tray for baking, and pour the chilli and garlic mixture over.
- With your hands, toss the sweet potato within the oil so that the wedges are evenly covered and the chillies and garlic are quite evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle chilli powder over (depending on how spicy you like your food) and season with salt before putting into the oven.
- On the middle shelf, bake for 15 mins or longer for a crispier wedge.
- Serve immediately, either to compliment a dinner, or they are just as delicious on their own, served with tzatztiki!