Beef and Broccoli stir-fry
Member recipe by viripse
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp.cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. firmly package dark brown sugar
- 1 clover garlic,crushed
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2lb. top sirloin,sliced 1/4 -inch thick
- 1 medium onion,thinly sliced
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce,lemon juice,cornstarch,dark brown sugar,garlic and pepper. Set aside
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef and stir fry until almost cooked through, about 2minutes. Transfer beef to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add onion and stir fry for 5mins. Cut broccoli into floret about 4cups and to skillet with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3mins.
- Return beef to skillet with soy sauce mixture ;add ginger. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly,about 2mins. Serve hot.