Four cheese Terrine
Member recipe by rajarmey
This is easy to make and a big hit as a starter or with crackers as nibbles with drinks.
- 11 gm powdered gelatine
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 275 gm Cottage Cheese
- 75 ml mayonnaise (lite is fine)
- 50gm of three different hard cheeses (e.g. blue, gloucester, mature cheddar)
- 150 ml cream
- Snipped fresh chives and/ or spring onion tops
- salt and pepper
- a loaf tin - 18 x 9 x 5cm
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small bowl and let them soak for about 5 mins. Then place the bowl over a saucepan with water and allow the gelatine to dissolve over a low heat. It will become transparent
- Put some cling film across two sides and the bottom of the loaf tin.
- Combine the cottage cheese and mayonnaise. Whip together until smooth
- Cut the hard cheeses into small cubes and mix in with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Whip the cream until is has thickened and forms soft peaks
- Add the gelatine mixture to the cheese mixture and stir well
- Add in the cream and the chopped herbs combining well.
- Pour into the loaf tin and allow to set in the fridge. It may take an hour or two.
- Invert the loaf tin onto a plate and ease the terrine out using the cling film.