Member recipe by robochoc
- 1kg baking potatoes
- 300ml double cream or creme fraiche
- 500ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 150g grated gruyere or emmental cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to season
- Ground nutmeg
- Peel the potatoes and slice into 2-3mm slices using a food processor.
- Butter the insides of the baking dish and rub over some garlic.
- Beat the eggs then mix together with the cream, milk. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and mix in the garlic.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices on the base of the dish. Sprinkle some of the grated cheese. Cover with some of the egg / cream / milk mix. Repeat until the dish is full, finishing off with a layer of cheese and the remaining egg/milk mix.
- Cook in a slow oven 160C / fan 140C / gas 3 for at least one hour until the potatoes are tender.