Spotty Chocolate Cookies
Member recipe by eleanorormsby
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Cookies
A simple and easy recipe to make delicious chocolate cookies with colourful 'spots'. I made these for a 'Children In Need' bake sale and they were very successful!
- 150g soft unsalted butter
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 275g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3. Line and lightly grease a baking tray ready for the oven.
- Melt the butter and then leave it to cool a little. Meanwhile mix the sugars together in a bowl and then pour over the melted butter. Beat together until combined.
- Add the egg and egg yolk (these should be fridge cold if possible) and beat until lighter in texture and creamy.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate. Slowly mix/fold everything together until it is blended. Add your M&Ms and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough using either an ice cream scoop (which should hold between 50ml-70ml) or just using a spoon and plonk onto you prepared baking tray or you could roll into balls.
- You may need to do the cookies in batches unless you have a huge tray and an equally large oven, as there cookies will need to be spaced apart on the tray. Keep the cookies about 8cm or so apart. Whilst the first batch is in the oven keep the remaining dough in the fridge.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so (it could be a couple of minutes longer), until the cookie looks toasted at the edges. Cool them on the tray for 10 minutes or so and then transfer to a wire rack.