Member recipe by tbob48
This classic burger has an added bread layer in the middle and two burger patties, served with the famous Special burger sauce
- Roughly 113g/4oz beef mince (minimum 20% fat)
- 1 burger bun and 1 bottom half burger bun
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Special Burger Sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 small handful of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 thin slices of gherkin
- 1 processed cheese slice
- Roll the beef mince into two balls. Using a sheet of grease proof paper, flatten the mince into two thin, circular patties, slightly bigger than the size of your burger bun. Cover and place in the coldest part of your fridge for 1-2 hours
- Heat a dry flat frying pan to a medium-high heat. Toast the burger buns face down in the pan for around 30 seconds or until golden. set aside. place the burger patties onto the hot dry pan and cook for 2 minutes . Apply very gentle pressure with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Flip the burgers. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear. If necessary, cook the burgers one at a time and keep warm in the oven at the lowest available setting until required.
- Dress the bottom and middle layer buns with a tablespoon of of the burger sauce. Add a teaspoon of finely chopped onion and a handful of lettuce. On the middle bun place 2 gherkin slices and on the bottom bun, add the processed cheese slice.