Philly Cheese Steak
Member recipe by tbob48
This recipe is the american version of a classic steak sandwhich with cheese
- Roughly 113g/4oz sirloin beef steak
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 sub roll, hot dog roll or french baton
- 1 processed cheese slice
- Slice the sirloin steak as thinly as possible into strips. Place in a bowl with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Heat a dry, flat frying pan to a medium heat. Place the remaining tbsp of vegetable oil in the pan. Add the sliced onion to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the onion begins to darken and crisp.
- Increase the heat to high and add steak. Season with a little salt and pepper, then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until steak is just cooked through
- Slice open the roll and fill with the cooked steak and onion. Cut the processed cheese slice into strips and add to the roll. Place in a warm oven for 3-4 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Serve with ketchup or yellow mustard if desried