CHOCOLATE ORANGE TRUFFLES
Member recipe by maytimedesign
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Truffles
These are actually quite a healthy treat (the main ingredients are dates and walnuts). They are also really quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 2 cups of dried medjool dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of good quality cocoa powder
- The grated zest and rind of 1 large orange
- 100g melted dark chocolate (70% or more)
- Before you begin place some parchment paper onto a baking try.
- Put the walnuts and dates in a blender or food processor and blitz until the walnuts and dates are well combined, sticky and almost smooth in texture. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the cocoa powder and orange zest and rind.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the cocoa powder and orange zest and rind.
- Roll the mixture into balls (around the size of a walnut) and dip into the melted chocolate then place onto the parchment paper.
- Leave these to cool in the fridge until the chocolate has set.