Member recipe by actonsilly
- 3 egg whites
- 2tbs caster sugar
- 150g ( 1 1/4 cup) gluten free -cornfluor
- 100g (1/2cup) crystallised ginger chopped fine.
- 100g(3/4 cup) crushed pistachio nuts
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Per heat oven 180oC grease a 9x16 cm loaf tin and line base & side with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar. Beat until mixture is thick and glossy. Fold in cornflour ginger and pistachio and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared baking tin & bake for 30 min, or until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool in tin until cool to touch.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150oC. Cut length ways and in half then icm fingers. place in a single layer on tray and bake for 10 to 15 min, or until crispy brown.
- Cool completely on tray and store in an airtight container. Keeps 4-5 days.