Member recipe by samjo1
Best nut roast I have ever eaten, not dry like most nut roasts, but nutritious and very tasty and versatile
- 2 slices of bread, (made into bread crumbs)
- A few good handfuls of crushed mixed nuts (any type!)
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 chopped carrot
- half a courgette
- (or a good handful of your favourite veg)
- a can of baked beans (the asda mixed beans in tomato sauce are perfect for this, plus one of your 5 a day)
- 2sp of herbs, (I use rosemary and thyme)
- Cut up your carrot in small bits and boil until soft. While doing this make your bread crumbs, either by hand or a blender and chop the mushrooms and courgette into small bits (they will cook in the oven)
- Mix the chopped veg and boiled carrots in a bowl, add the mixed nuts and baked beans, mix well.
- Put the mixture into a loaf tin, (remember to grease the tin first)
- Put into the oven (about 200oc) for 40 to 50 minutes.