Amazing Chocolate Wedding Cake
Member recipe by imabadpixie
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
Chocolate, strawberries, blueberries and cream - who wouldn't want this for their wedding cake?
- 1 x Angela Nilsen Ultimate Chocolate Cake http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake
- (for a 10" SQUARE cake double her recipe)
- 5 x pots double emlea 284ml, 4 of which whipped
- 3 - 4 plunnets strawberries
- 2 plunnets blueberries
- 1 box plain chocolate cigarellos
- 200g plain chocolate
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- Bake ultimate chocolate cake and give it enough time to cool completely. This cake will keep out of the fridge OR in the fridge for a week or so as long as it is well wrapped. For a 10" square cake the cooking is usually around 3 hours but you should check regularly with a cake tester.
- If not already in the fridge put the cooked, cool cake into the fridge for 3 hours before cutting
- Cut with a cake cutter (easier than a knife) into 3 sections (2 cuts).
- put the lowest level onto your cake board and top with thin slices of strawberries and a handful of blueberries. Put just under 1/2 of the whipped cream on top and flatten. Do not go too near to the sides as you do not want it to squidge out.
- place middle layer on top of cream and repeat with strawberries etc.
- Place top layer on top.
- now even out the sides with whipped cream so that the cake sides do not have big 'holes' in, use a palette knife to carefully add the remaining whipped cream.
- Now, melt the chocolate in the microwave/carefully on the hob until smooth. Add the last pot of cream (not whipped) and stir. If the mixture curdles you need more cream. Use this 'topping' for the top of the cake and try and line the sides too.
- Let this stand for a little while, but still while the chocolate is 'sticky' (not hard) place the cigarellos around the edge of the cake, neatly.
- On the morning of serving, top the cake with remaining strawberries and blueberries. Place a ribbon around the cake for decoration.