irish cream truffle fudge
Member recipe by mezzy29
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Pieces
This creamy sweet confection will disappear in a wink! Perfect for a homemade food gift at Christmas.
- 500g (1¼ lb) plain chocolate
- 175g (6 oz) white chocolate
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 350g (12 oz) icing sugar
- 250ml (8 fl oz) Irish cream liqueur
- 350g (12 oz) chopped nuts
- 175g (6 oz) dark chocolate
- 100g (3¾ oz) white chocolate
- 4 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butter a 20cm square baking tin.
- In the top half of a double boiler melt 500g plain chocolate, 175g white chocolate and 50g butter until combined and melted through.
- Stir in the 350g icing sugar and 250ml Irish cream until mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts. Place mixture in the prepared tin and lay a sheet of cling film over top; press and smooth top down.
- In the top half of a double boiler melt remaining chocolate until soft. Remove from heat and with a fork beat in the remaining butter and Irish cream until smooth. Spread topping over cooled fudge with a knife. If a smooth top is important place cling film over the top. Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours at least. This fudge can be easily frozen.