ham and cheese quesadillas
Member recipe by clarky544
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 slices of ham
- 100-150g of cheese
- olive oil (optional)
- lay 1 tortilla in frying pan. heat must still be off.
- tear ham up, and grate cheddar cheese. other hams maybe used. after tearing ham and grating cheese mix together, with a drizzle of olive oil if using. olive oil just holds the filling together but works without.
- then sprinkle filling evenly on the tortilla making sure ham and cheese are evenly shared all over the tortilla.
- lay next tortilla on top and press down lightly.
- turn hob onto low heat and allow cheese to melt so tortillas are glued together.
- when golden brown, turn over and allow other side to cook to same colour.
- then cut into 4 seperate pieces, serve with guacamole and salad to finish off this british/ american take on an authentic mexican dish.