Member recipe by beanbeakandbug
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pies
A great mouth- watering snack for the winter season, these mince pies will put you in the festive mood!
- For the pastry:
- 250g salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 50g granulated sugar
- 350g plain flour
- For the filling:
- Cream the butter and sugar with your hands. Add the egg and one yolk. Add the flour (Don't bother to sift) mixing slowly, then using your hands to work into a ball. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 45mins in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5/ fan 170C. Flour the work surface, pastry and rolling pin and roll the pastry to a ÃÂ£1 coin thickness. Cut out 12 circles big enough to cover the bottom and sides of your muffin tray. Grease the muffin tray with butter. Cover the bottoms of the tray with the pastry.
- Fill the pies with mincemeat. Cover the tops of the pies with the remaining pastry.
- Cook the pies for 30 mins. Cool them on a cooling wire.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.