Member recipe by waldy565
I lovely sweet cake - if you're craving for something but bored of chocolate!
- 1/2 tin of Carnation Dulce de Leche
- 250g flour
- 250g butter
- 250g caster suagr (or 3tsp of Splenda or alternative)
- 3 eggs (seperated)
- 6 tsp honey
- 1 25cm cake tin
- Electric whisk
- Preheat oven to 160C/ Gas 4. Cream the butter and suagr/sweetener together. Add the egg YOLKS and the flour and incorporate to form a smooth batter. Add half the tin of Carnation Dulce de Leche.
- Prepare a cake tin with butter/ low fat spray and line with baking parchment. Pour the batter in and put in the oven for 1 hour 30 mins, or until a skewer/knife comes out clean when inserted.
- While the cake cooks, make the meringue. Just whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks, then stir in 4 tsp of honey. Place in the oven for 30 mins
- When the cake is done, transfer to a wire rack. When cool, add the remaining 2 tsp of honey and spread over the top of the cake. When the meringue is done, just place on top and enjoy!
- If making cupcakes, do the above but line a cupcake tin with 12 paper cases, and spread 1/2 a tsp of honey on each with a little of the meringue.