Gin and Tonic Truffles
Member recipe by evelynjane
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Truffles
- 100g (31/2oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp gin
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter, chopped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Heat 5cm (2in) water in a pan then place a heatproof bowl on top of the pan, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Whip the chocolate in the bowl with the cream and heat gently to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Gradually pour in the gin, lime zest and juice and the butter.
- Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and slightly thickened. Spoon into a sealable container, snap on the lid and chill overnight.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Put on a board lined with baking parchment and chill for an hour or so.
- Sieve the cocoa into a bowl and roll the truffles in it to cover. and place them in sweet papers or a presentation box.
- Place them into sweet papers or a presentation box.