Victoria Sponge Cake :)
Member recipe by happykay100
A great cake for party's and special events and easy to make a tradition recipe.
- For Cake
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Softened Butter
- 4 Eggs,Beaten
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- For Filling
- 340g Jar Good Quality Jam
- Icing Sugar For Decorating
- Heat the oven to 200C fan or Gas 5.Butter two same size tins and line with non-stick paper.
- In a large bowl, beat all the cake ingredients together until you have a smooth soft batter.If batter is thick add 2tbs of milk.
- Divide the mixture between the tins, smooth the surface the bake for about 20mins until golden and the cake springs back when pressed.
- When cooked turn onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- When both cakes are cool spread the jam over the bottom of the one of the sponges and the put the second one on top.
- Dust with a little bit of icing sugar before serving eat within 2 days.