EQ8 CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE
Member recipe by gressingham
EQ8 CRANBERRY & APPLE BAKED WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE, CREATED BY EQ8 BRAND AMBASSADOR CHRIS COUBROUGH
- For the base:
- 175g low-fat digestive biscuits
- 50g white chocolate drops
- 50g olive oil spread, melted
- For the filling:
- 4 eggs
- 450g low-fat cream cheese
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped
- 200g white chocolate
- 200g low-fat creme fraiche
- 2 cans EQ8 Cranberry & Apple
- 50g sugar
- 1 leaf gelatine, soaked in water
- 1. Crush the biscuits and chocolate together, add the melted olive oil spread and press into a greased 23cm cake tin. Leave to chill.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream cheese until smooth, then add the vanilla. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. When melted, stir in the creme fraiche.
- 3. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and bring together, then pour over the biscuit base and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 160C/140C fan/gas mark 3, or until it is just firmer than a jelly. Remove from the oven, leave to cool and then refrigerate.
- 4. Pour two cans of EQ8 Cranberry & Apple into a saucepan. Add the sugar and heat, until the mixture has reduced by two-thirds. Stir in the leaf of soaked gelatine. Leave the mixture to cool, then pour over the set cheesecake. Decorate, serve and eat.