Member recipe by emkrull
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Biscuits
Make your life easier this Christmas and try this quick and delicious recipe - a great alternative to mince pies.
- 200g/7oz ready-made mincemeat
- 3 clementines, juice and zest
- 1 x 375g/13oz pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- Blend the mincemeat, clementine zest and juice in a food processor to a smooth paste.
- Put the puff pastry on a well-floured surface with the short side towards you. Roll the pastry a little thinner and cut it in half widthways. Brush each piece of pastry with melted butter and sprinkle over the icing sugar. Spread the mincemeat paste over the puff pastry.
- With the shortest end facing you, roll both long edges of one piece of pastry towards the centre. Brush a little beaten egg down the centre to stick the two halves together. Repeat with the remaining piece of pastry.
- Carefully lift the rolls onto a baking tray and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Remove the roll from the fridge and, using a very sharp knife, slice it into 1cm/ÃÂ½in thick pieces. Lay each slice on the baking tray, cut-side up, and brush well with the beaten egg and a further dusting of icing sugar, then bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until puffed up, crisp and golden-brown.
- Remove the palmiers from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray. Dust with more icing sugar before serving