- 500ml hot chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 400ml can coconut milk (full or reduced fat)
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 1 tbsp green or red Thai curry paste
Many Thai and Thai-inspired dishes start with a highly flavoured paste. These are made from a…
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 x 250g pack medium rice noodles
- 300g bag stir-fry mix, pick one with beansprouts
Widely seen as a major, somehow magic, ingredient, beansprouts…
Firstly, get the kettle on. Tip the stock, coconut milk, Thai curry paste, turmeric and chicken into a big microwaveable bowl. Cover with cling film, pierce it a few times and microwave on High for 5 mins. Remove the cling film, give it a stir and cook for a further 5 mins until the chicken is cooked.
Meanwhile, tip the noodles into another large bowl. Pour boiling water over, leave to soak for 4 mins, then drain.
Add the stir-fry mix and noodles to the chicken, ladle into deep bowls and serve with spoons and forks.
Give it a twistAdd a handful of torn mint leaves and finely sliced cucumber for an extra Asian touch. Make it veggie by using a 250g pack of tofu.