Home-made Scones, Ghana Style
Member recipe by monica_serwah
Delicious home-made scones, a family delight and children's favourite!
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1tbs oil
- ÃÂ¼ cup sugar
- 1/8 cup raisins
- ÃÂ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1tbs grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- In a large bowl, place the flour and raisins and mix together. Add margarine and salt and mix together well (until you get a couscous type consistency) . Add the sugar and stir the mixer together well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the beaten egg, milk, nutmeg and vanilla essence. Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the liquid mix. Stir gently and bind all ingredients together.
- Lightly flour a baking sheet and use your hands to take medium chunks of the dough and arrange on the sheet.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180o C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and serve hot with butter, strawberry jam and cream.
- Cook's Tip: There is no need to shape the dough, they come out beautiful in different shapes!