cassaroled pork chops
Member recipe by roberthollie
a rich warm winter dish pork chops with onion and carrots served with roast potatoes broccoli and carrots sticks.
- 4 or 6 pork chops
- 2 onions peeled and halved
- 2 carrots
- vegetable stock about 1 1/2 pints
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 table spoon tomato puree
- 2 dried bird eye chillies or fresh
- bisto gravy granulrs
- sea salt to season
- black pepper to season
- pre heat the oven to 100 degrees / gas mark 2 peel and halve the onions, cut carrots in halve, make up the vegetable stock in a jug
- place the chops on a chopping board trim the the fat set aside for later, place the chops in a casserole dish laying the onions in the gaps as you do so,
- place the carrots the rest of the onions, chillies, tomato puree, thyme and all the stock in the casserole dish season with salt and pepper
- pop the lid on place in the middle of the oven for 5 hours. after 5 hours remove from the oven straine but retain all the fluid, remove all the bones and discard, put the carrots and onions back in the fluid in a large saucepan place the meat back in add 2 - table spoons of gravy granules bring to the boil then simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionaly to prevent sticking.
- place an oven dish with a little oil in to a pre heated oven at 180 degree gas mark 6, mean while peel and halve 4 potatoes and part boil, drain and leave to rest, once the oil is hot pour the potatoes into the hot oil cook for 1 hour shaking 3o mins into cooking, steam the broccoli and carrots until tender. then serve and enjoy.