Double Chocolate Biscotti
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sugar (180 ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa (80 ml)
- 2 cups flour (500ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 scant cup chocolate chips (100g)
- 1 cup almonds (100g)
- Toast the almonds on a baking sheet in the oven at 350F (180C) for about 15 minutes. Shake the pan once to make sure they get evenly browned.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and then cocoa. Beat until well combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in another bowl, then gradually incorporate into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon until a dough has formed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Separate into two. Form each half into a flat log about 12 inches long by patting it down and squaring off the edges with your finger tips. Place well apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for thirty mintues. Cool on a cutting board until no longer hot to the touch and then cut crosswise on the diagonal into slices about 1 inch thick. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti on a wire rack to cool. Keep at room temperature in a cookie tin or other airtight container.