Home Made Beef Burgers
Member recipe by sweetunique
These burgers are a good source of nutrients, proteins and vitamins
- * 1lb/500g ground sirloin or quality minced beef
- * 1 half onion grated or finely chopped
- * 4 pinches ground coriander
- * 4 pinches paprika powder
- * A dash of fresh ground black pepper
- * A pinch of salt
- * A tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- * 1 beef oxo cube, crumbled
- * 1 tsp dried, mixed herbs
- * 1 egg lightly beaten
- First, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and using your hands, shape into four balls.
- Turn the heat to medium under a heavy based frying pan and add a tiny amount of oil. When pan is hot, add the burgers, pushing them flat with a spatula.
- Cook for about 5 minutes each side for medium, longer for well done.
- Just before the burgers are ready, toast the inside of 4 wholemeal buns under a grill or in a toaster.
- My preference for serving them is a little Mayo on the bottom of the bun, then the burger with thin slices of raw onion, lettuce leafs and a slice of tomato. Topped off with a dap of ketchup and a good helping of English mustard on the top half of the bread.
- But, the great thing about making home made burgers is, you can add what you want. I like to serve them with home made fries.