Blueberry Coffee Cake
Member recipe by sweetunique
The brown sugar crumb topping adds texture, flavor, and sends this coffee cake into a league of its own
- 2 cups of SR Flour
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk or milk
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 5 tbs. of cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup of SR flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 inch square pan or bundt pan with non stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until light in color and creamy. Add egg, and vanilla and cream for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add salt, baking powder, and all purpose flour and mix on med.-low speed adding the buttermilk in a steady stream.
- Mix batter until everything is fully incorporated, approx. 3-5 minutes. Batter will be nice and thick. Fold in fresh blueberries and pour batter into pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add crumb topping mixture to the cake pan and gently press everything down.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let it sit for 8 minutes.
- Invert it onto a plate. Garnish with sifted powdered sugar.