Gingery Lentil Soup
Member recipe by lenasid
- * 2 teaspoons olive oil
- * 3 medium carrots, chopped
- * 1 medium onion, chopped
- * 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- * 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, plus enough water to equal 4 cups
- * 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- * 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot and onion; cover and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add curry, salt, and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in diluted broth and lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls.