Member recipe by No pudding waste
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Meringues
- For meringues:
- 2 large whites eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- For filling:
- 150ml double cream
- 15ml/1tbsp vanilla sugar
- 12 small sliced strawberries
- preheat the oven to 110c 225f gas mark 1/4. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets and line with paper.
- place the egg whites into a large, spotlessly clean mixing bowl and whisk them until they form stiff peaks.
- add the sugar a tablespoon at a time whisking well after each addition until the mixture is smooth thick and glossy.
- place heaped teaspoons of the mixture spaced a little apart into the prepared baking sheets until you have 30 meringues flatten slightly.
- bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until they peel away from the baking paper leave to cool whisk the vanilla sugar into the cream until thick.
- spread some cream on the flat side of a meringue put some strawberries on top spread some cream on another meringue and sandwich together.