Mince Pies with a Twist
Member recipe by good_chef
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pies
Add cream cheese to the classic mince pie to make a fantastically different Christmas treat.
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g cornflour
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g Icing Sugar
- Grated rind of 1 small orange
- 200g butter
- Iced water
- Jar of good quality Mincemeat
- Tub of cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Mix the flour, cornflour, salt, icing sugar, orange rind and butter into a fine breadcrumb.
- Add a little iced water to make a dough. Chill for an hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut 12 circles then line a 12 hole ProCook Non-stick Bun Sheet. Fill each with 2-3 tsp mincemeat and 1 tsp of the cream cheese.
- Cut 12 more circles for lids and top the pie bottoms. Pierce the lid then bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.