Comforting Chicken Soup
Member recipe by shemmy
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 200g (7oz) potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 1.2litres (2pt) chicken stock
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves,
- kernels from 1 cob of sweetcorn
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add onion, garlic, chicken and leeks, and sautÃÂ© gently for 8 minutes without browning.
- Add the potatoes, stock, thyme and bay leaves, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sweetcorn kernels and cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove thyme and bay leaves before serving. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.