Simple Cherry Cake!
Member recipe by crazycupcakegirl
A recipe so simple and classic, it melts in your mouth with a explosion of taste. A great cherry recipe.
- 200g of butter, softened. And extra for greasing.
- 200g of sugar
- 1tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 250g of self raising flour, sieved
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 5g glace cherries
- Jam fo filling
- Icing sugar, for dusting.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/160 C fan.Cream the 200g of butter and sugar along with the vanilla essence.
- Crack the eggs in to the bowl and stir in, the slowly add the flour and baking powder, stir until golden.
- Dice the glace cherries and gently fold in the glace cherries. Then grease two baking tins with the extra butter.
- Put the tins in the oven for 50mins until risen. Then take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for 10mins. Spread the jam in onto the cake and sandwich the cake together. And sieve icing sugar on top for a nice finish.