Fried Beans with Pork
Member recipe by roobarb100
- About 2 dozen green beans, rimmed
- 1 cup oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 green (spring) onions, finely sliced
- 100g pork mince, not too lean
- 4 tbsp Sichuan pickles, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Fry green beans in oil until they become crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and reserve.
- Discard all but 2 tbsp oil and add garlic, ginger and green onions, cooking for just a few seconds. Add pork and stir until it changes colour.
- Add pickles, sugar and soy sauce and cook for a few seconds before returning beans to pan. Cook over high heat to reheat beans and serve immediately.