Spiced Squash&Watercress Soup
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 900g butternut squash, wash, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 (100g) pack watercress, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and saute for 2 mins. Add the squash, stir well then cover with a lid. cook for 2 mins.
- 2. Stir in the chilli and stock, then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15mins or until the butternut squash is tender.
- 3. Transfer to a blender and whizz until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan and add the watercress and creme fraiche. Season to taste. Gently reheat before serving with crusty bread.