Chicken and Mango Rice Salad
Member recipe by kutekitty777
- 80g brown basmati rice(or white, if you prefer)
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1ripe tomato, diced
- Good handful of leftover cooked chicken
- 2 sliced spring onions
- Handful of chopped fresh corriander
- Cook the rice according to packet intructions.
- Make the mango sauce. In a blender, puree two thirds of the mango. Combine the remaining mango cubes, water and sugar in a pan. Place over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves. Add the mango puree and cook, stirring until the mixture is hot. You could even add some chopped red chilli here. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Take of the heat, and stir in the yoghurt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, mango, cooked and drained rice, tomato, and spring onions. Finish with a sprinkling of the corriander. Serve warm.
- If your short on time, substitute the mango sauce for 2-3 tbsp of mango chuntney, warmed lightly in a pan and then stir in the yoghurt.