Mediterranean Grilled Haloumi
Member recipe by nikolai
- 150 g Haloumi
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 leaf of spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp peppercorns in brine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A few fresh mint leaves
- Slice the haloumi into slices about 1 cm thick. In a non-stick coated grilling pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the spring onion slices into the pan and let fry for about a minute. Lay the haloumi slices in the pan, slightly separated from each other. After about 2 minutes, sprinkle in the pine nuts, seeds, and garlic, and let grill.
- When the underside of the haloumi has orange-brown lines, flip the haloumi slices over. Sprinkle in the peppercorns and let grill until the second side has orange-brown lines.
- Remove from the pan and drizzle over the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt to taste and add the fresh mint for that gentle aroma. Let the haloumi cool off for a minute or two and eat while warm.