lemon cupcake surprise
Member recipe by abbielovesbieber
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Cakes
my recipe is full of lemon goodness. lemon sponge with a hint of lemon in the icing. it makes a perfect lemon treat with some little surprises on the top for decoration.
- 2 eggs
- 100g/4oz self raising flower
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- 100g/4oz margarine
- 1 lemon zest&juice
- for the decoration;
- basic buttercream recipe
- silver balls/sprinkles-for decoration
- preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4. put 12 cake cases in the cake tin to start off with, cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. add the eggs one by one stirring in between.
- seive in the self raising flour a little at a time and mix until smooth, add half the lemon zest and half the lemon juice, save some for later. empty the mixture in to the cake case. i would say about..just a tiny bit over a half full.
- put the cakes in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until springy when touched with finger. leave to cool.
- make the buttercream mixture using butter and icing sugar, this should be ont he back of the icing sugar box, you might need 1&a half of that mixture. when light and fluffy add the rest of the lemon zest and lemon juice. make sure it is well mixed. the butter cream needs to be thick so you can put it into a piping bag. use the piping bag and put the butter cream into it, make any pattern you wish and decorate with maybe sprinkles.