chicken and sweetcorn soup
Member recipe by philipparose
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 L chicken stock
- dash sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons of cornflower
- 1-2 eggs
- 3 spring onions (optional)
- cover chicken breast with water in a pan and simmer until cooked. Remove chicken (keep the water) cool, and remove skin. Shred the chicken into long strips.
- In another pot combine the chicken stock, ginger powder, sesame oil and sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, then add the shredded chicken.
- mix the cornflower with a little of the chicken water to create a paste, drizzle into the soup and mix. thoroughly.
- mix your egg(s) with a little of the chicken water, and drizzle into the soup very slowly from a height, using a fork to create strands as the egg cooks.
- garnish with copped spring onions.