Comforting Beef Curry
Member recipe by millblossom
Simple, tasty and fresh homemade curry, using store cupboard ingredients.
- 500g Beef stewing steak
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion sliced in thin strips
- 1 red pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp madras curry paste
- 1 tsp madras curry powder
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- salt and pepper
- Serve with
- Basmati rice
- Naan bread
- You can substitute the beef for chicken or prawns.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the beef.
- Add the curry paste and powder and cook out for a minute or two before adding the sliced onion and pepper.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and mango chutney to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper stir.
- Cover saucepan with lid and simmer gently for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and naan bread and enjoy.