Smoky Leek & Potato Soup
Member recipe by guideycat
- 3 large potatoes
- 4 leeks
- 1 1/2 litres chicken stock
- 6-8 slices chorizo (supermarket pack)
- 50grms butter
- 100mls cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and leeks and cut into chunks. Chop the chorizo into small pieces.
- Lightly fry the leeks and chorizo in the butter until soft and the chorizo slightly crispy, then add the potatoes.
- Add the chicken stock and boil for about 10 minutes, then turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Blend everything until properly smooth (you may have to do this in batches).
- Put the soup back into the pan, add the freshly ground black pepper and cream. Voila!