Member recipe by twar123
- For the cake
- 170g Castor sugar
- 170g Margerine
- 3 Eggs
- 140g Self-raising flour
- 30g Cocoa
- 1tsp Baking powder
- For the buttercream
- 110g Icing sugar
- 55g Margerine
- Preheat the oven to 180/160fan/gas mark 4. Grease 2 round cake tins. Mix together the sugar and margerine until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa and baking powder and stir until thick.
- Put the mixture into the tins and cook for 25-40mins.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream: Stir together the icing sugar and margerine until light and fluffy.
- When the cake is cool, sandwhich it together with buttercream and decorate however you want.