easy peasy gingersnaps
Member recipe by little-chef2
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Biscuits
an easy recipe for yummy gingersnaps, all done in about 30 minutes!
- 50g butter (salted or unsalted)
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 113g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees(c).
- line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, grease with a bit of sunflower oil using a pastry brush.
- put the butter, golden syrup and sugar into a saucepan, heat gently and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter has melted into the syrup and sugar mixture.
- sift the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda into the saucepan and stir into the syrup mixture until it forms a soft smooth dough.
- take 1 teaspoon at a time of the dough roll into a ball and place on the baking tray, make sure they are spaced about 5cm apart each.
- bake the biscuits in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the tops are starting to crack and brown.
- cool for 5 minutes then loosen off the greaseproof paper, place in a biscuit tin or container of your choice lined with greaseproof of kitchen paper.