Foolproof Yorkshire Puddings
Member recipe by andyrvtr
This recipe was given to me by my Mam many years ago and it has never let me down.
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons each of cold water & cold milk
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add in a pinch of salt. Mix 1 beaten egg, 4 tablespoons each of water & milk into a jug, then add to the flour & salt mixing continually, beat well with a 'wooden' spoon until a smooth runny batter, is obtained. This mix is sufficient for 2 people, if more is required simply multiply the mix.
- This is the important part, leave the mixture to stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 230C and when hot add 1/2tsp of fat to each tin and place the tin into hot oven, when the fat is smoking hot then add your mixture. Tip: Keep fat used from previously cooked pork/beef sausages in your fridge until required, this adds a fantastic flavour.
- Cook in the hot oven for approx 15-20 minutes if using small bun tins and 30-35mins if using large tins.